Friday, February 5, 2010

My Ideal Sarasota Valentine’s Day



By: Jana Troyer,
RVA Marketing Coordinator

It might not sound like much, but for a mother of a toddler living in
Sarasota, Florida Valentine’s Day is the one time of the year where I can be over-the-top fabulous. And while my evening won’t consist of half of the things I’ve picked, a girl can dream. So for all those gentleman out there looking to woo their significant others – take a tip from a romantic herself. There’s no such thing as over-extravagant when it comes to the big V. Treat your lady right, and for my contribution to your cause I’ve compiled My Ideal Sarasota Valentine’s Day. I give you full permission to use all or part of my discoveries –guaranteed to make 2010 the Valentine’s Day she always dreamed of.

Best of luck!
_________________________

Valentine’s Day – Sunday, February 14th 2010

9:00 am – REM: Just for one week, we don’t want to meet your mother for brunch. Instead, take the kids or the four-legged friends without us and let my body catch-up on years of missing REM cycles in peace.

10 am – Brunch: With a quiet house and coffee aromas, let me stir out of bed to a table prepared with my favorite First Watch Healthy Turkey omelet, a pot of coffee and the newest SRQ Magazine to peruse.

11 am – Relaxation: After leaving the monsters (either human or four-legged) with your mother for the day, take me to Pineapple Holistic Day Spa for a romantic Henry V couples massage designed to bring us together in a relaxing, sensual environment.

12 pm – Shopping: Schedule a session at Saks 5th Avenue with their personal shopping service where I can find the perfect evening attire in style - all in the comfort of a private runway just you and me.

2 pm – Prettied: After an hour being drenched in massage oils a girl needs to get prettied up for an evening of romance. Take me to Spa Hollywood for their Pretty Woman retreat including a rejuvenation multi-vitamin facial, much-needed mani/pedi, make-up application and a style…all while you prepare the last-minute details of the evening.

6 pm – Dinner: Reservations at Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion or Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse would both please my appetite. But nothing says romance more than knowing you’re loves cuisine style – so make sure the restaurant of the evening is up to HER standards (whatever that might be).

8 pm – Dessert: Nothing tops a night out like The Original dessert at The Melting Pot. There’s just nothing quite like dipping marshmallows and rice-crispy treats into a freshly melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture. It is hands down the best dessert she’ll ever indulge in and is well worth the extra yoga class. Period.

9 pm – Icing: While driving past the infamous St. Armand’s Circle and escaping the hustle-and-bustle of the city stop at Armel Jewelers to purchase the Yvel collectable BIWA PRY necklace…as if you haven’t spoiled me enough for the day.

10 pm – Bubbles: After checking into resort The Beach on Longboat Key – the area’s premier nightly getaway – champagne and a stroll along the beach is the only way to celebrate our love. We can open the doors and windows and listen to the sound of the waves rolling over the tides as we drift to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment